Friday, September 29, 2006



The Breathalyzer

So while out enjoying some libations with Vanilla Bear and Funi, my phone rang- it was my dad. Since I am a better daughter than Petra, I picked up. After I was done talking I thought it would be fun to see how tipsy I really was. According to the breathalyzer at the bar, I had a blood alcohol level of 0.25%. Now we all know that the legal limit for most states is only 0.08%.
So what does this mean? Well according to some website:

"All mental, physical, and sensory functions are severely impaired. You're emotionally numb. There's an increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falling or other accidents."

Well I didn't fall or choke, there was however some drunk commenting on myspace. While this is not as bad as drunk dialing, it may be problematic for me. As you know, Fri night boy is now my "friend". Now when I wake up I have to check my phone for calls/texts as well as myspace.

So what have I learned from last night? If I have a blood alcohol level of 0.25%, true my mental, phsyical, and sensory functions are impaired, but rather than an increased chance of falling or choking, there is an increased chance of drunk emailing/calling/texting/myspacing.

So the moral of this story my friends is not to drink less, but be more responsible when drunk. Hide your phones and laptops.

Have a good weekend :-)

Clem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home