Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Probably the best thing about my new job is that we get from December 21 – January 2 off of work. And, it’s even better this year because they are replacing the carpet in our office, so, today is my last day in the office until January 3. Since this is the case, I don’t really have anything to do because I’m not about to start something new. Which means I have plenty of time to do nothing but think about the two weeks that lie ahead. Below is a brief glimpse into what I may be doing during those two weeks for those of you who may be interested.

Tonight I plan to get together with some of my 3 o’clock candy friends for some holiday merriment. However, Clem just told me she’s not drinking which I have to say is bullshit. Her even more bullshit excuse “work tomorrow.” Who is she kidding? I’ve known her to go out for her share of $1 beers on a Wednesday night and still show up at the office the next day. Um Clem, it’s the week before Christmas – nobody expects you to get anything done. If I have to hold you down while TFMD forces you to drink a margarita I will do that. It’s for your own good. Really.

Other plans include shopping for myself since I’m done shopping for everyone else and a nice dinner at Morton’s with mom before leaving for Bismarck. Now, this is where it gets exciting. Here are my tentative plans while in the capital of North Dakota – in no specific order.

1) We are going to play bingo at the bingo hall;
2) We are going to travel across the mighty Missouri River and go to the townie bar and play blackjack. I will feel completely out of place with my coach purse but love every second of it;
3) We are going to go to The Ground Round, the same one where when I was a child you would pay for your meal what you weighed (a steal for mom and dad since I didn’t break 100 pounds ‘til freshman year of high school), and we are going to play trivia;
4) We will spend plenty of evenings playing Pinochle with the future in-laws. My future mother-in-law will not remember how to play and this will lead to her talking very loudly about being confused, her husband will just shake his head and ME and I will drink another beer;
5) We will make plans to go lunch and/or dinner with grandma. She will cancel on us and hour or two before we are supposed to go as this is what she does. This time the future mother-in-law will shake her head, ME and I will drink another beer;
6) I will consume more holiday cookies and treats than I think is possible because my future mother-in-law (from now on to be abbreviated FMIL) passes much of her day baking. Just when I begin to think I’m in a good place because the cookies and therefore temptation is gone, another batch of treats will be pulled from the freezer in the basement;
7) ME and I will attempt to go ice skating at the indoor rink Yes, indoor because even though I’m sure there is an outdoor rink, it’s just to f-ing cold in Bismarck this time of year. I will fall on my ass several time and curse at ME as if it’s his fault;
8) In an attempt to get some exercise, we will join the FMIL and walk the mall. This is what they do in Bismarck. People go to the mall just to walk the inside perimeter for exercise. They don’t stop to buy anything – just to walk. Can’t blame them for not shopping. It’s mostly stores like Vanity and Wet Seal; and lastly
9) We will go to church on Sunday morning like good Lutherans and after church we will go to brunch at the Ramkota – the restaurant inside the local Best Western. Draw your own conclusions on that one.

I’m sure we will do much more than that but I believe those are the highlights. I’m hopeful that the residents of Bismarck will not mind being inspiration for many colorful blog entries to come about my holiday in the cold.

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Cheers - Margeaux

7 Comments:

Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

I cannot believe you did not mention the single most defining point of ground round- POPCORN. Stale horrid popcorn that is better than crack to a child.

3:15 PM  
Blogger popodopalous said...

Can we get a vote on Margeaux not using FLIM, as it is waayyyy to close to MILF?

Can I get a second?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Ok- when I say "I'm not drinking" I mean I'm not getting wasted.
Having a beer or two isn't drinking- at least that's what I tell myself when I drink with Jesus. Besides drinking and driving is illegal- and I am a law abiding citizen.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

Clem - since we live in a large urban area, you can take the metro.

Popodop - believe me, my FMIL (not flim) is by no means a MILF. If you can propose other verbiage, perhaps just MIL/FIL, I will use that and drop the future F.

4:19 PM  
Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

margeaux - my suggested acronym is MEMA.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

what does that stand for? would future father-in-law then become FEMA??

9:42 AM  
Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

no father in law would be MEDA

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home