Wednesday, February 07, 2007

So ever since Clem made me get a MySpace account, I'm addicted and have since allowed 3 o'clock candy to suffer in my absence.

Let me catch you all up. First, I'm now working two jobs. I work part-time at the store (for the discount - will tell you about the deals of the century in a moment) and I'm now working as the Marketing / Box Office Assistant at that Branson-ey theatre owned by my friends and neighbors.

I've only just started at the theatre so I can't tell you much, except it's very cool to NOT have to deal with a whole committee of non-communicative people in the Finance dept before a decision is reached. It's also like stepping back in time to Mayberry. The town in which the theatre is located is SMALL. I live in P-town, population 40, 000 - that is small (lowercase) this place is SMALL (uppercase) The town or village rather seems to inhabit a street! Not kidding. It's primary source of employment are the restaurants and resorts which serve tourists who come for the boating on the beautiful lake across the street. Apparently, not too far away from the theatre is another town where the KKK live and breathe and regularly attend church on Sunday.

Juxtaposed from all of this Southerness is my co-worker, the box-office manager and actor. He is a transplant from NYC and a jew (which prolly makes him THE jew) and let's throw in the fact that he is gay for good measure. So we're destined to be good friends!

Yesterday I worked at both jobs so 12 hours later I was able to finally rest my weary bones and reflect on my recent cool purchases which are:


Bought at 1/2 price and a 20% discount! Yay me.
Also, I got two glass lamps for less than $60. Which I can't show you a pic of. Sorry!
The house is slowly coming together.

-Scarlett

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

We know your story, but what brought your co-worker to P-town from NYC?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

I'm not sure, I'll have to get the skinny and report back at a later date.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home