Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crisis Diverted!

So, Canada responded to my email. I'll paraphrase:

Dear Scarlett,

Shit! I wish I hadn't procrastinated in telling you of our plans. I don't think we'll (and especially the baby) be ready to travel to see you on the 20th, after taking two days to get to STL. Are you still planning a trip to NY in the fall? You should come visit.

Tootles,
Canada

Allow me to interpret since I speak Canadian so fluently!
* We really wanted you to volunteer to come to STL so that we wouldn't have to inconvience ourselves.
* You should come see us in our new house in NY, since that is more important than seeing your and Mrs. Belding's houses and her baby, whom we've never met.
* RECIPROCITY IS OVER-RATED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home