Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Went to the doctor yesterday. She thinks I have tendonitis in my left thumb. No clue how it got there. It's been bothering me since March but I've avoided doing anything about it until after the wedding. I now have to take 600 milligrams of ibuprofen every 6 hours and wear a stupid brace for a week or two. Oh, and I have to have xrays. If it's not better in a week or two I have to call the hand surgeon and schedule an appointment. Yippee! If we get to that point it'll suck. Two options the doctor mentioned were injections (yes, please stick a big needle in the base of my thumb right by the bone) or surgery. Both options suck. Lets hope neither has to happen.

Other than that, my life is boring. Taking this Friday off of work to spend the weekend with Mr. K before he goes back to school and I never see him anymore. Heading down to Charlottesville on Friday since I've never been there and feel I should take advantage of it. I feel I should take advantage of a lot of things this year so along with visiting Charlottesville, below is a list of things I plan to take advantage of this year:
  • the aquarium in Baltimore
  • wine tasting in Virginia
  • the different museums of the Smithsonian
  • the 9:30 club
  • Gettysburg
  • Antietam (it's just down the road from our friends)
  • um, i'm starting to struggle for ideas....help! i know there is more to do in this area than that but those few things are all that come to my mind
If you have ideas for other things I need to take advantage of please let me know. Also, TFMD, I have been thinking about it -ok, i really just thought about it for a minute - but I have NO idea what movie my life would be like. Probably something with Freddie Prinze Jr. b/c my life is lame.

So what's everyone up to for the 4th? We only get Wednesday off so I'll be here. I can't complain though and you won't make me feel bad - I get the week between Christmas and New Year's.

OH - which randomly reminds me, Mr. K's dad is no longer going to Iraq! He has sleep apnea and apparently this makes him undeployable. We have no idea what they are going to do with him but he's not going to Iraq so that's good. Can I just say how thankful I am he was here for the wedding b/c seriously, if they had not let him come and then he didn't go to Iraq I'd be pissed!!! As it is my programs say he was/is in Iraq but oh well. I like to think I jinxed it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett said...

I miss the 9:30 Club sooo much you have no idea!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home