Sunday, October 01, 2006

Just returned from a weekend in STL. Received a sweepy bang haircut, desperately needed, was starting to fear the Ambush Makeover camera crew appearing in my kitchen.

Product endorsement: Chi Silk Infusion
- smells heavenly & makes your hair glossy

Enjoyed the libations at my sister-in-law's housewarming party. Her apartment is cute and the fridge had a good beer selection. I played dj. There was this one girl who obviously recognized my brilliance for following up Ladytron with some ol' skool Ice Cube "Today Was a Good Day" probably my favorite use of sampling (The Isley Bros' "Footsteps in the Dark") in a hip hop song. In case you're wondering, my second favorite use of sampling in a hip hop song is Warren G's "Regulate" (sampling Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgettin') We then spent the evening discussing Rufus Wainwright's genius. I think this girl is my new best friend, at least I think that's what I told her at 3:00 a.m. as I was leaving the party. No late night is complete without the requisite stop at the Taco Bell. A crunchy taco and Dr. Pepper later and I was snug as a bug in a rug. No breathalizer results to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home