Thursday, October 26, 2006




My Love Affair with Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer is a god among men and deserves to be worshipped as such. I have just finished watching season 4 of 24 and I am now all caught up (I saw season five while it was actually on tv). I could not be more excited for season six either. In case you live in a box and have not yet seen the trailer, I suggest you watch it at http://www.24trailer.com/ at least 5 times a day. There are 81 days until season six starts and watching this trailer 5-7 times a day may be enough to get you through. If however, you need more Jack Bauer, may I suggest checking out Top 100 Facts. More proof that Jack Bauer is a god among mere mortals – he has his own entry in Wikipedia.

Other reasons to love Jack Bauer include that he is not only absolutely the sexiest man alive (hello – are you listening People magazine??) but he’s a bad ass! He tortures the husband of the woman he loves, he fakes his own death and he was married to Terri, and personally, I found her to be rather annoying. Now, after finishing season four, I have to also admit that Audrey is kind of annoying too. Jack deserves a good woman.

As much as I do love 24 and of course Jack Bauer, I have to admit that the show has its moments (unfortunately more than less) of being absolutely, completely unrealistic. I am usually ok with overlooking this but there are some comments I would like to make regarding 24. First, to the writers, directors, producers and the rest of you who live in LA and work on this show – GET OVER YOURSELF! Los Angeles is NOT that great. Nobody is out to get you so stop pretending like you are the city terrorists plan to blow up. Secondly, if they did blow up Los Angeles, well, that’s ok, we still have New York! Third, who the hell would actually choose a man like Charles Logan to be vice president? The man has no balls and is so annoying! I’m not going to miss him during season six – the same way I didn’t miss Terri Bauer or Sherry Palmer.

So, my little diatribe must come to an end but before I close I’d like to clarify that yes, I am aware that Jack Bauer is not a real man but a character played by Keifer Sutherland on TV. For the record, I’d sleep with him too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

Apparently if you type the word God in your posting, you are the lucky winner of this comment. Hmm....think we'll be deleting that comment on Friday after you've all had a chance to read it.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

What would the Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

For further reading please check out:
http://www.venganza.org/

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home