Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I LOVE the new Nelly Furtado single "Say it Right" and I noticed it is now on Clem's MySpace page. I'm glad to hear that Nelly has returned to the sound that made me a fan in the first place. I hope she abandons future projects that have her sounding like the product of the poor man's Christina Aguilara having a baby with Timbaland (BTW, why did he name himself after a shoe / clothing line?)

Nelly, you sang the uplifting "I'm Like A Bird" loved by even the harshest critic, Nick Hornby, who was compelled to include an essay on the song in his Songbook. Don't degrade yourself, by singing lyrics about how promiscuous you are. In highschool that is what jealous be-yotches said about the girls they hated. I'm sorry, is this a case of irony? Is this an attempt to "reclaim" the word, like we did with "Bitch" and others did with the "N" word? I somehow doubt Promiscuous was ironic.

Just my two cents,
Scarlett

1 Comments:

Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

hey - wots happening with this election? or - where's my invite yo!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home