Thursday, December 21, 2006


To the Future Mrs. Darcy,

While I appreciate the spirit with which you have compiled the "Happy Birthday, Rhett" birthday card, I felt I needed to clarify the effect of placing a Jack Daniel's label in the mix. Any Kentuckian faced with such an image can't help but shudder and then burst into an a capella version of "My Old Kentucky Home" in order avoid inconsolable weeping. May I suggest instead any number of Kentucky bourbons to replace what we all know as Tennessee sour mash whiskey. I have attached such a label for your convenience.

Sincerely,

Mr. Belding

4 Comments:

Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

I actually feared this reprocussion when I did the search for Jack Daniels. I knew there would be one that is prefered but I could not think of one despite the fact that it is indeed Maker's Mark in our decanter right this moment.

Thank you for your clarification Mr. Belding. The children at your school are very lucky to have a principal who give them a full working knowledge of the liquors in their lives.

8:44 AM  
Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

And the situation has been fixed. Be sure to refresh and review the card.

Again, sincere apologies to the states of Kentucky and Tennessee. I kind of know where you are in the US. Apparently one of you touches Illinois. Which I like to pronouce the "s" in.

8:56 AM  
Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

Is Mr Belding one of your aliases Scarlet.

Confused Snuffaluffacis

1:15 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Mr. Belding is our friend Will

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home