Sunday, December 31, 2006

What I Did On My Christmas Vacation
By Katie Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler

Chapter 4 Mark Richman: The Hardest Working Lounge Singer in STL


Two days after Christmas the family had tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. This was to be a first for Rhett and me, but the third time for the 'rents. Dinner was planned at The Tenderloin Room at the Chase Park Plaza. They offer the best steak in STL (hands down) in a gorgeous dining room with lots of history.

What history you ask? Well, back in the day none other than 'Ol Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, patronized. We shared the same server. I asked him how he took his steak, he couldn't remember. Frank ALWAYS drank two fingers of Jack. (Clearly Frank was not a Kentuckian - as we've already discussed that Jack is sour mash whiskey - for the record, I love the stuff) But I digress!

The meal was delish! Everyone ordered the house special, Pepperloin a la Tenderloin. Rhett and I sucked down excellent wine (perhaps we had a premonition of what was to come.) The salad course arrived. It was the best effing ceasar salad that I've ever had. It was so good that I'm spending my morning blogging about how good this salad was - that's pretty darn good. Next course, entree. Yummers doesn't begin to describe it. Meat the consistency of butter. Desert followed - me, chocolate bundt cake. Rich, but not heavy or too sweet, paired with the best effing port with notes of caramel. After dinner Rhett and I finished our orgasmically good dinner with an Irish coffee w/ Bushmills.

The entertainment was provided by lounge singer, Mark Richman, a man living his dream. We chit chatted for a bit and he gave me an autographed cd of his songs in the styling of Frank, Dean, Bobby and the like. They don't make 'em like this guy anymore. Props to my new friend Mark!

-Scarlett

2 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett said...

I apologize for the weird letter sizing. It won't stay consistent no matter how many times I change to "normal size"

11:53 AM  
Blogger popodopalous said...

Props for the Bushmills sista!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home