Tuesday, January 15, 2008

4 lost pounds prompted my doctor to ask if I'd been exercising. Ummm, exercising or replacing food with vodka?

Here is my special post-holidays binge cocktail recipe for the Scarlett Martini:


1 shot Three Olives Cherry Vodka
2 shots Lemonade*
1/2 shot of Triple Sec

*First, make a simple syrup on the stove. Mix 1/4 cup of both sugar and water Dissolve under medium heat until the liquid thickens. Add the juice of two lemons, strained really well to eliminate all pulp and seeds. You can adjust this to ratio of sugar to lemons to taste. It's best to then chill this lemonade.

Next, pour measured ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into two martini glasses garnished with a maraschino cherry. I'm telling you I'd pay $7 bucks for this.
Of course all the pomp can be avoided; I've been caught doing shots of this, my new favorite vodka, straight from the freezer.

Cheers,
Scarlett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home