Thursday, June 14, 2007

I feel a bit like TFMD, so many thoughts running through my mind of things I must say but I feel as though I can barely contain them. I will do my best not to wander too much.

First things first, we cannot call me Margie. Even though affectionate, it is also the name of Mr. Kramer's ex. You know, the ex that the 'rents don't know about. The same ex that is the reason no family members were/are permitted to see the marriage license. So, Marge is fine, but Margie is a no no.

Second, I feel that ME should henceforth be referred to as either Mr. Kramer or Mr. K. I know he does not like it but since I never came up with a good name for him, and since it is 2007, he can adopt my surname on 3:00 since I am adopting his in real life.

That brings us to the third point. Saying my new name is just plain strange! While the process of changing my name is cumbersome, I was prepared for that. I expected it to suck. So far it's fine but that's b/c all I've done is mail my stuff off to social security. Something is rather unnerving too about mailing your passport and birth certificate to social security. Let's hope I really do get them back. But, I digress. The point here is that every time I introduce myself to someone, I have to pause before saying my last name. It catches me off guard every time. I think the weirdness is multiplied by the fact that Mr. K has a sister with my same first name. So, I feel as though I'm introducing myself as her, even though she's married and has a new last name. Be warned TFMD, it will catch you off guard. Obviously, after having the same name for almost 29 years, it's a bit of an adjustment.

Now I have plenty of time to write this afternoon because courtesy of the high school graduations that are taking place at the same location our (previous) employer has there graduation, we were allowed to leave early (b/c traffic SUCKS otherwise) and work from home. What this really means is that I have my work email open but I am sitting here in my capri sweat pants and a t-shirt doing nothing more than writing on this here blog. A great way to spend an afternoon if you ask me.

Moving on - let's discuss the wedding one final time and then the honeymoon. First and foremost, thank you all for being there. I am sorry I did not get to spend more time with you but I know you understand and I look forward to being on the drunk side discussing the international sign for squirrel sex at the Darcy's wedding in September. That brings me to the international sign for squirrel sex. 1) how did this come up 2) who knew it and 3) what is it? I suppose 4) would be, did it freak Clem out?? Seriously though, thank you for being there to share in our "special day" as I have been calling it in all the thank you cards I have written. I'm done by the way! Back from the honeymoon for one week and I am done writing thank you cards. I'm really impressed with myself. Mr. K has a few more to go but I AM DONE!!!

So, the wedding was a blast. I remember it but at the same time I don't. I should have pictures by Sunday so I am looking forward to seeing them and will of course forward the link on to all interested parties. As far as I know everything was perfect and if it wasn't, I don't know about it so therefore, don't tell me and let me believe it was perfect. I absolutely LOVED my flowers and am thrilled with the job the florist did. Thank you to those of you who talked me out of using paper flowers. I'm also happy I chose to have some floral centerpieces. In my mind they were well worth the money. I heard the food was good. I did eat but I barely tasted my food. I hope you enjoyed enough for both of us. I wish I could do it over again because I really want to wear my dress again. It truly is a shame that you can't wear a wedding dress again b/c even though I couldn't breath by the end of the night, I am in love with my dress - perhaps in an unnatural kind of way. Am I alone on this? Did those of you who are married want to wear your dresses again immediately following? Perhaps you still do, in which case, I feel much less abnormal!

The honeymoon. Surprisingly not a lot to say about that. It was relaxing which is exactly what we wanted. Jamaica is beautiful and sad at the same time. The houses along the road are in need of serious love and the poverty of the country is very evident everywhere you look. While I know that tourism helps to sustain their economy, I also felt bad being a "rich, white" American and sitting in my cozy, air conditioned bus on the ride from the airport to Ocho Rios. I loved our vacation though. As lame and cheesey as it sounds, it really was great to just get to spend time with Mr. K. Because of his work and school schedules, rarely do we see each other for two full days in a row. We spent a lot of time by and in the pool and when it rained we would go back to our villa and take naps. We went kayaking one day and hung out in the Caribbean for a bit but we preferred the chlorinated water of the pool to the salt water of the Sea. We climbed Dunn's River Falls one day which I highly recommend to anyone who goes to Jamaica. As you saw from the pictures (because I think I sent them to all of you), we climbed the rock wall one day. I only made it half way but for my first attempt EVER, I think I did pretty darn good. I was also pretty darn sore the next day! Other than that, we ate a lot of food and spent a lot of time relaxing together. It was perfect!!!

I have been back for a little over a week now and today might be the first day I did any real work at work. I've been easing back in to it. What do they expect? Do they really think I'd jump right back in? You gotta give a girl some time to get back to reality before she can be productive.

That is really all I got. If I haven't forwarded pictures from the honeymoon to you please let me know if you would like me to and I happily will. Oh, random thought. I sadly have to admit that it was not until this week that I really took the time to look at gofugyourself.com and I am sorry it has taken me so long. Those women are genious! I absolutely love the site and wish I could be half as snarky and witty as they are. I aspire to be just like them. Not sure if that's good or bad but it's my dream for now. On that note, I shall get back to work and by that I mean go have a cigarette. I hope that Clem and Pop will visit our little site her more often and perhaps regale us with stories from their life. It seems that since Clem got a bf she has a lot less drama to share. Good for her but unfortunate for us who looked forward to the daily drama. As for Pop, apparently she's too cool being busy and important at a job that underappreciates her. I think she should blog more often as a way to say "damn the man!" Anywho, I must be on my way.

Tata,
Marge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home