Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Since vacay I want nothing to eat that has been served from a bag, or fried, or ordered from a menu. Toward that end I have spent the last three days preparing foods in my kitchen. Saturday night was Spaghetti alla Carbonara, Sunday was pot roast, and yesterday was a Chili & hummus (not to be eaten together). Now, I know that looks like an unusual amount of red meat and bacon, however Rhett's dad supplied us with about, oh I don't know 8 lbs of bacon for this 2 person household, so I'm trying to use it up. Each recipe has called for a mere 8 ozs of bacon so I've used 16 ozs total, which means I still have 7 lbs of bacon in my freezer and now 8 ozs of bacon converted into Chili frozen in my freezer.

I'm pretty well tapped on bacon recipes. Oh, I guess there is quiche, but then, yep that's it. If anyone could offer suggested recipes to make before this meat goes freezer burnt I'd appreciate it.

Clem, you may ignore this request for recipes, we both know you don't cook. :)

Oink Oink,
Scarlett

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I take offense to that.

I will have you know in the last few months, I started cooking. Although no bacon recipes.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home