Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cox Communications sucks! I hate the bastards and wish they would get their shit straight. Last week my DVR box broke and I lost everything I had recorded on it. Not only did it break, but I had to wait several days before someone could come and fix it. Luckily Scarlett was in town so I was out the two nights it wasn’t working anyway. Also, thankfully they fixed it before my Thursday night shows on NBC and ABC (I’ve recently begun watching Grey’s Anatomy). So after getting a new box last week, which of course broke 15 minutes after the technician left and required me to call Cox and complain, things were fine until tonight. Out of nowhere the box just turned off. I swear I live in a part of town that the cable and electric companies don’t care about b/c my power will often just turn off if the slightest wind blows the wrong way – or a squirrel crosses the road. But, I digress. The box came back to life but then right as my shows started, the dumb thing refused to record. After getting pissed and cursing at the remote control (b/c that makes me feel better) I called Cox and they were able to fix it. All is well now but I am just waiting for it to die on me again. Stupid bastards!

In other news, curious George has learned how to get out on the balcony. He likes to go in between the sliding glass door and the screen door for some reason. Apparently this happened again after I left for work this morning but this time he learned how to pop the screen out and get out to the balcony. It wasn’t long before ME noticed and went out and got him. This wouldn’t typically be a huge deal but we live on the third floor, and it’s really a four story drop, and I can just imagine George looking over the edge and then somersaulting to his death. Really too much for me to handle. So we are forced to keep the sliding glass door closed b/c the cat is not to be trusted. Aren’t you glad I chose to share this with you? Do you now understand how boring my life is? It really was either this or me lamenting over being able to find a place for my rehearsal dinner and it’s too late at night (i.e. after 9:00 p.m.) for me to be talking about that without giving myself panic attacks and bad dreams. I figure take what you can get.

Hope ya’ll are having a good week.

3 Comments:

Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

Helpful tip of the day: You should try putting buttered toast on the cat's feet - that should act as a deterrent.

1:40 PM  
Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

Just clarify that is buttered side up.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Do we know the identity of Snuffaluffacis? Is this Mr. Popodop?

Just curious...
Scarlett

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home