Saturday, November 25, 2006

OOOPS! Don't remember doing the drunk blog, but I do remember the following observations from the townie bars:

1. (From the first bar) The band really loved John Cougar Mellencamp, and really, who doesn't? You may ask, didn't John Cougar Mellencamp drop the "Cougar" from his name? Yes, but all the songs the band covered were from back in the "Cougar" days.

2. The median age of patrons at the first bar is CONSIDERABLY older than most D.C. bars.

3. Blue Moon is on tap, but seriously undiscovered by many locals. When I bellied up to the bar to order 3 ice cold mugs, this random guy asked me what my drinks were. I told him Blue Moon to which he needed further clarification. He asked "Is that beer?" I then elaborated, "yes, it's a Belgian White Ale which is served with an orange." Then I said, "It's kinda similar to a hefeweizen" at which point I lost him. I could tell I went too far by the glazed look in his eye. A simple yes would have sufficed. Dude, just stick to your Budweiser bottle.

4. I actually saw a very pregnant waitress smoking. Don't even get me started on this.

5. All the beautiful people hang out at the second bar, not the first. Though, the beautiful people bar offered less comical observations, with this one exception. We were waited on by a waitress friends dubbed Flapjacks. Flapjacks once showed one very old and saggy breast to my friends. My question: why just one breast? They said one was enough.

Til I have more
Scarlett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home