Thursday, January 25, 2007

Awkard Situations That Would All Be Avoided If I Knew How To Say NO!

No, I'm not talking about that thing Rhett keeps asking of me...ha j/k! I'm talking about hosting a Mary Kay party. So here is the deets -

Co-worker at the merchant of housewares and scented candles works approximately 20 hours per week. His wife has complained about his lack of ambition and money so she begins to sell Mary Kay. Her forceful techniques make her move up in the company and now she is close to earning the pink Cadillac.

I have met the wife ONCE at the company Christmas party that this couple hosted at their house. She seemed nice when she was asking all kinds of questions about how we ended up in P-town. I told her some friends live in town and that's how we heard of it.

Fast-forward to this week...I get a phone-call at work during my shift. I'm told it's so and so's wife. I think, "huh, that's odd?" So, I answer and get suddenly bombarded with this maniacal fast-ball sales pitch telling me that she has time to include me this week for her "faces." For every friend I invite I'll get $10 in product. At which point I say,

oh well yeah, okay, but I'm kinda busy this week so I'll get in touch with your husband "A-x-x-x" via MySpace.

She responds - oh do you have to work a lot this week? (now I can't lie b/c her husband has access to my work schedule)

I'm like - Well, I'm helping my friend out at her theatre.

She says - Oh, what theatre?

I throw out the name and quickly try to get off the phone.

Why am I unable to say, "Well actually I'm not interested. I wear M.A.C. exclusively but thanks for thinking of me. Goodbye." Instead I've left it open for her to pursue me further.

CRAP!

Scarlett

2 Comments:

Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

Maybe she'll take you for a ride in her pink Cadillac when she earns it if you help her out. You'd totally be the toast of the town then. :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

I don't know why but this makes me think of the scenes in Go with William Fichtner/Jane Krakowski and Scott Wolf/jay Mohn when they think the couple is coming onto them but they're just trying to get them to sell Amway or whatever their equivalent is...

but if you do get sucked in to the dark side could you get me some eye shadow... or perhaps MAC will have the duo i want... never mind.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home