Monday, February 12, 2007

Who's Up For A Cold Shower?

So, as ME finished up his shower on Friday, he commented that "ooh, there goes the hot water" as his shower slowly got colder. What we did not know was that the hot water was apparently escaping out a leak somewhere under ground and that it would not return for days. The past few days - 3 to be exact - we have had water that is just warm enough to be bearable (barely luke warm) but just cold enough to make you use 2 in 1 shampoo, make you consider skipping shaving your armpits (don't worry, I still did but there might be some razer burn), not even try to shave your legs and just plain hurry through your shower.

I called the condo office today to inform them that we had no hot water. I was a bit taken aback when the women responded "yeah, we know." How long had they known?? She is the one who told me about the leak and that they were TRYING to get people out here to fix it. She did tell me it might not be back by tomorrow but I thought ok, as long as it's still barely luke warm I can suck it up and deal with it. What she didn't tell me was that I could kiss my luke warm showers goodbye.

I returned home this evening to a notice on the front door of the building saying that there is a leak and they are having difficulty finding it and therefore fixing it. They are trying to get people here to fix it (as already stated) but that due to the pending ice and snow, it may still take several days. What they failed to mentikon on the notice on the door was that due to the leak, they have now completely turned off the hot water. I am not even kidding when I say all I have is ice cold water. It is currently 34 degrees outside and I don't think my water is much warmer.

I sat in my apartment for a few minutes wondering what to do. First I called ME and bitched. He wasn't very sympathetic - perhaps b/c he doesn't always shower every day. Then I called my mom and bitched. She was more sympathetic and offered to let us stay at her place which I appreciate but I don't want to deal with traffic from Reston in the morning. Then I had my "aha!" moment. I called Popodop. She only lives 2 miles away. I can easily get up and work out in the morning and then go to her apartment and shower. She does have two full bathrooms after all and can't possibly need both! Genius! She said sure. She even had an "aha!" moment and now we are supposed to work out in the morning together and then she will be gracious enough to allow me use of her shower until our hot water is restored.

One problem at the moment. Popodop's phone is turned off. What if she doesn't answer in the morning? Then I'll have woken up at 6:00, driven to her place, not worked out AND not showered. Not a good way to start a day. So, Popodop, if you are reading this before you go to bed, please turn your phone back on.

Enjoy your warm showers guys and gals. They are not to be taken for granted.

Brrrrr.....Margeaux

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett said...

I won't take my warm water for granted if you all don't take warm ki-ki-ki-kitchens for granted. Mine is freezing despite the space heater and the red wine I'm sipping.

BTW - sorry to be tacky and share this in this way, but our friend Lee's nephew passed from SIDS on 2/5/07. You may want to send some love his way.

Scarlett

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home