Monday, October 02, 2006



FRAGILE: HANDLE WITH CARE

West Elm, retailer of fine furnishings of a modern and clean aesthetic, why do you toy with my emotions?

I would like to present to the jury of my peers, a case of negligence, nay fraud, at the hands of West Elm.

Friday, Sept 22
An online purchase was made of one tubular steel chair w/ woven seat at the close-out, bargain basement price of $29.99. An additional $33.00 was charged for standard three to five day shipping.

Monday, Sept 25

ME: Yay! Only 4 days until chair arrives

Tuesday, Sept 26
ME: OMG! Entire living room's design centers on this chair. Only 3 days until chair arrives

Wednesday, Sept 27
ME: Is that the UPS driver? No? Oh, too bad. Maybe tomorrow!

Thursday, Sept 28
On this day, all activities were cancelled on account that the UPS driver may have arrived in my absence.
ME: Is that the UPS driver? No? Oh, too bad. Definitely tomorrow!!!!

Friday, Sept 29 6:00 p.m.
ME: Where is my chair??????
WEST ELM REP 1: Chair has not shipped yet, but schedule to do so today.

Sunday, Oct 1

ME: Where is my chair?
WEST ELM REP 2: You already called and a "where's my order" note has been placed with your order. So, the distribution center will have to get back with you.

Monday, Oct 2 4:00 p.m.
NO WORD
ME: Okay, seriously???? Where is my chair?
WEST ELM REP 3: Oh, your order was cancelled as the chair is out of stock. We credited your credit card on Friday, Sept 29.
ME: When was someone going to tell me?
WEST ELM REP 3: We're sorry that no one told you.

Good citizens of the jury, I rest my case.

Moral:
Order from Crate and Barrel

2 Comments:

Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

All this talk of super chair and no picture?!?!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Sorry no pic. They took it from the site shortly after my unsuccessful purchase.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home