Monday, November 27, 2006

I leave for Mexico on Friday and I am sick. This really sucks! Luckily for me I had a prescription for Zythromax sitting around my apartment from when I had bronchitis last month. Got that puppy filled yesterday and have been consuming lots of chicken noodle soup and orange juice. I’m determined to get better.

Got a manicure and pedicure yesterday in preparation for the trip. I also got my eyebrows waxed. It had been a while since I’d had an eyebrow wax and while they aren’t torture, they aren’t exactly fun either. The reason I am talking about waxing and the level of pain is because tomorrow I am getting my first ever bikini wax. I am absolutely terrified. Again, getting my eyebrows waxed isn’t torture but it’s not without its share of pain. What the hell possessed me to make an appointment to get a bikini wax? I don’t really know what to expect and this is causing me to become even more freaked out. I know there will be hot wax WAY to close to my girly part and of course ripping the hot was off will also be a necessary part of the process but more importantly - will I be able to wear underwear of any kind? I’ve gotten used to the awkwardness of going to the gynecologist but this is totally new and SO awkward. I am planning to take a few ibuprofen before hand for the pain – and perhaps a quick stop at Rio Grande for a shot of tequila to take the edge off too. If anyone has any advice I’m happy to hear it b/c I have no clue what to expect.

To be continued….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home