Monday, November 27, 2006

So today being Cyber Monday, a big Christmas online shopping day, I've been thinking about what I want for Christmas. I've also been pondering the annual dilemna, do I buy Rhett what he asked for, knowing even before he writes his list that it will be a video game, a video game that will surely mean hours and hours of solitary play, wait....just what am I complaining about? If, by his solitary play, I get to watch VH-1's Best Week Ever or All Access "Hottest Celebrities" or Behind the Music: Nick Lechey for the 7th time this week without his self-righteous mocking of celebrity worship, then Amazon...here is my credit card number - deliver it by Christmas.

Just jokes!!

Rhett, I know you're reading this. I will not be revealing your gift on this forum. I will be pulling your trick - that is refusing to buy anything previously asked for as a way of keeping a surprise. Now people, I've got to give Rhett props where props are due, he is excellent at choosing gifts. But, this year I asked for bright yellow garden clogs because I really, really need & want them. They are not only cute, but practical. You simply slip the shoes off at the door and that way mud and poo isn't tracked all over the clean kitchen floor that I just swept & mopped. I put it on my list so I know Rhett won't be giving them to me. Let's be real, if they are not in my stocking or under the tree come Dec. 25th, I'll be buying them for myself on Dec. 26th, so honestly, you may as well wrap those puppies up!

Ever year we provide Rhett's mom with our lists. This is what we put-

My list:

Books (note, all titles from the list of 1001 books you must read before you die) -
Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami
The Corrections – Jonathan Franzen
Life of Pi – Yann Martel
The English Patient – Michael Ondaatje*
*One of my favorite movies EVER!
Like Water for Chocolate – Laura Esquivel
The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen

Shoes from Urban Outfitters -
Dolce Vita Knot Peep Toe Wedge size 7/Red $49.99
Seychelles Floral Pump size 7/whiskey $59.99
Puma Lab 2 size 7/ olive & turquoise $70

Kitchen -
simple white serving pieces with clean lines
Remote Thermometer
Non-metal mixing bowls
New food processing component for my existing base $30

Misc -
Gardening Knee Pads
Black Pots for plants
and of course iTunes gift cards for my crack habit

Rhett's list:

Games Stuff
Cranium – a board game
Neverwinter Nights 2 (make sure PC version)
Balderdash – a board game
Ingenious – a board game
The Settlers of Catan – a board game

Other
Bottle of Maker’s Mark or Knob Creek bourbon

Logitech G11 gaming keyboard

Gift certificate to Amazon or Barnes & Noble

A Do It Yourself home repair book. Home Depot has a good one and I’m sure there’s others out there that are good too.

Leather wallet (good idea, since his is currently held together by masking tape)

Clothes

French press for coffee (never mind that we own a coffee maker and an espresso maker, he is a coffee afficiando afterall)

Digital probe meat thermometer (an example: http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=101264)

What is everyone else asking Santa to bring them?
-Scarlett

2 Comments:

Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

Being permitting blogging privileges on 3'oclock candy might be on my list. However it seems like I would be the only male, therefore it may require some kind of shareholders meeting or something to change the constitution right?

Also would prefer to retain the anonymity of this blog - i.e. family and friends are unable to read all the stuff thats written about them here. That is no more invites via myspace please! ;-)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

I would agree with snuff - family does NOT need to read this. Where else will we get to bitch about them if they start reading this?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home