Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm taking a cue from The Future Mrs. Darcy and beginning a moratorium on libations for a while, which I sure will end abruptly at Margeaux's open bar. I've been in a bit of a funk lately and but I think it's nothing that a little positive thinking won't cure. My goal is not to swear off alcohol entirely for like the rest of my life...I'm not crazy or a puritan or anything I just need sometime free of depressants so that I work through some anger issues that apparently I've directed inward.

I just needed to put words to this. As if all the words spent of like, oh everyone I've communicated with since yesterday, wasn't cathartic enough. Everybody knows my business, because all this crap is just spewing forth and I can't stop. It's insane really. But I suppose this is the venue for that kind of self-indulgence.

Lighter Notes:
I saw "The Holiday" last night and wanted to barf at Cameron Diaz's horrible over-acting & the cheerful end o'movie dance off so characteristic of romantic comedies starring Brits.

Tonight watched "Jarhead" and wanted to barf at the lack of oh, I don't know character development and the excess of sentimentality. I'm beginning to think that Jake Gyllenhall might be gay in real life. Anyone agree?

Please somebody give me a good movie recommendation. Thanks TFMD, I got the Teen Witch rec.

Picked up a bottle of drug-store haircolor (my same color only brighter) and promptly put it back on the shelf. Decisions still being mulled over.

Lata Gators,
Scarlett

P.S. May I ask where everyone is lately?

P.P.S. Any advice as to handle the first email from Canada in months. Her tone was sickly sweet. I'm sure she is going to want me to visit her new crib after relocating to upstate NY in the fall. Conveniently enough around the time of TFMD wedding.

4 Comments:

Blogger snuffaluffacis said...

Hi Scarlet - hope you and Rhett are fine and dandy. Sorry to hear of your moratorium - you will need the practice before the open bar and Rhett can be assured of a partner in the bar damaging exercise.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Hey Snuff -

Thanks! We're gonna be just fine. I'm sure Rhett will have "muscle memory" or it's drinking equivalent well engraved in his brain.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

9:25 AM  
Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

i forgot to ask in my post- where has canada moved to?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Margeaux Kramer said...

what?! canada emailed you? what did she want?! fill me in!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home