Thursday, November 30, 2006

So I went to the University Bookstore to purchase a magazine and easy read for the trip to Mexico tomorrow. What I ended up with is a book titled "I hope they serve beer in hell." If you have never heard of this book, which I had not, let me share with you here the brief description on the back of the book.

"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the conesquences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and jsut generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world."

Now, let me say that while I believe he will likely be a repulsive and vile human being, as other readers have in fact called him, I believe he has a right to share his experiences. He makes no pretense that he is a good guy. He refers to himself immediately as both an asshole and a dickhead and to be honest, I think I am going to enjoy reading his book. It's kind of a guilty pleasure I think.

I just read one of the stories on his web site www.tuckermax.com and while I agree with him, he is an absolute ass, I have to also ask how dumb these girls are to date someone like this. The girls he has dated are pretty little blondes who obviously have no self respect and no brains. Do I think they deserve this treatment and do I condone his actions - not at all - but how dumb do you have to be to put up with this shit? I promise to read his book and try to not pass too much judgement of either the girls or him because I think they are all complete morons! On that note, check out his site and decide for yourself what you think of him.

Adios!
Margeaux

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home