Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The following is an excerpt from my MySpace blog as requested by Popodop. The names have been changed to protect the innocent:


Two Completely Unrelated Things I've Been Meaning To Mention
Current mood: Despite my rantings I'm in a fine mood!

1.) Today during both of my trips to Starbucks I noticed that Lily Allen's cd is being sold in Starbucks. Good for her, I hope more people listen to her music, but it bothers me b/c it reduces my cool "first one in the know" factor. As TFMD can attest to, anyone you've recently heard of, yeah, I've been listening to for like 10 years! This has been officially recognized with a sign by the marketing department of my former employer during an impromptu awards ceremony aka "it's 3:00 and me, TFMD, Popodop, Margeaux and Clem are bored so we made up awards to give each other" There was the "Best Drunk Dial Award," "I'll Just Have One Award" "Most Improved Touching" and countless others. Ha Ha, I miss goofing around the office with you girls.

2.) I love movies. I also love Ebert & Roeper and I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that I'm kinda crushin' on Roeper in that "smart, well read, English professor with wire rim glasses and nice sport coat who has a sardonic sense of humor" way. Rhett already knows so don't get all like "ooh I'm on telling" on me.

Anyway, I digress. Ebert is battling cancer and I'm wishing him a quick recovery so that the guest co-hosts can stop, namely, Kevin Smith, who has filled in for Ebert twice.

Hey, I got a question for everyone: What does Kevin Smith, Bob "Effing" Geldoff and Dakota Fanning have in common? Give up? They all irritate the bejesus out of me.

Kevin Smith spoils the ending of films while he reviews them in a self-righteous way that only he can do. Such a pompous ass, he had to reference a 1984 B-movie to pan "Breach" which every other critic seems to love. What the hell does he know about films? Oh, that's right...he made that crap "Clerks" but oh wait, it was filmed in black and white so that provided some much needed irony. Go back to film school and while your at it, buy a new shirt.

Remember everyone you all still have time to get your Oscar ballots emailed to me. $5 buy in for the pot. Winner takes all.

Happy Oscar Season & Good Luck,
Scarlett


I'm sorry that I've been so out of the loop lately. I hope to get both of my jobs on some set schedule so that I can have some days off. I swear I work more hours that one full-time job.

Today Mrs. Belding and I made "Schwag Bags" for the Oscar Party!!!!! Yay! They are awesome! I'll be giving a music cd to everyone and maybe some candy if I have enough. Yay! I'm so crafty now that I've spent a fortune on scrapbooking supplies. Okay, I've really got to go and finish up these bags and finish ironing my curtains and really the list goes on. Ugh....I'm just tired, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't over extend myself, now would I?

Later,
Scarlett

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Awww...I miss the award ceremonies!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home