Thursday, January 04, 2007

This just in....The O.C. is....(I can't bring myself to say it...)

...C A N C E L L E D

Bring on the tears!!! O.C., your show was inconsistent in quality, but I stuck by you regardless. When Grey's was courting me, tempting me to betray you I was true to you, (okay, so in the spirit of honesty - I did stray for one episode) I stuck by when when you wrote in your version of the "Peach Pit" knowing that it would be akward to have bands sell themselves to the teen demographic. But music was always an important 8th character in the show. The right song always swooped in dramatically, soaring and evokative. I cried when Marissa played Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah for Ryan saying "This song reminds me of you." Yes Marissa, it does! I also cried when Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek softly played in the background of season 2's finale. I cried when Ryan broke up with Lindsay to the tune of Pretty (Ugly Before) from the late Eliott Smith. And oh my god, did I cry when Marissa died as Imogen Heap sang Hallelujah.

I guess now that you're leaving the air, I'll cry a lot less.

-Scarlett

1 Comments:

Blogger the fabulous mrs. darcy said...

Strike that. Reverse it.

ssel tol a yrc ll'I ,ria eht gnivael er'uoy taht won sseug I

You'll be crying a lot MORE because you'll be watching Grey's which is medically proven to make you cry hysterically by the end of every episode. And I'd state a prime example but lest we have another "I can't believe they shot Ana-Lucia!" moment I'll wait until I know caught up you are with the show.

[aside] Oh Grey's how I miss you and will not be mollified by your double repeats tonight so thank Network Gods by giving me new The Office to feast on in its stead [end aside]

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home