Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Playlist Part II
Roman Holiday Complete With Vespa and Audrey Hepburn Style Pencil Pants
*As most of these songs cannot be found at iTunes, I didn't make a fancy playlist. Instead I'll send a cd upon request.

Waters of March - Antonio Carlos Jobim & Elis Regina

Un Very Stylish Fille - Dimitri From Paris

Frenesi - Edyie Gorme

Crickets Sing For Anamaria - Marcos Valle

It Had Better Be Tonight - Lena Horne

So Danco Samba - Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto

The Girl From Ipanema - Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto & Antonio Carlos Jobim

Mais Que Nada - Brasil '66 & Sergio Mendes

Tarde Em Itapoa - Marilia Medalha, Toquinho & Vinicius

Desafinado (Off Key) - Charlie Byrd & Stan Getz

Desafinado - George Michael

August Day Song - King Britt

So Nice (Summer Samba) - Mario Caldato, Jr.

Bananeria - Rae & Christian

Sem Contenção - Sin Plomo

Sem Contencao - Trüby Trio

Oh, a little Bossa Nova goes a long way to making me smile! Some of these songs were discovered thanks to a friend who hosted the coolest cocktail party that I ever attended. The host truly earned my respect when he researched "the cocktail" to almost academic proportions. Each round was a different drink prepared authentically to 1950's recipes with some hard to locate gins. The apps were divine and the music was great. The parting gift was a cd with great old jazz standards. Many of the songs on this playlist are from that cd. Some of the others toward the end are from a cd I found at the library in the "world music" section. It's a cd called Tanto Tempo Remixes by Bebel Gilberto, a contemporary Brazillian chanteuse, whose dad, Joao Gilberto, was responsible for songs like "The Girl from Ipanema."

As much as I try to be that indie rock chick, I think my Bossa Nova collection excludes me from the kids who wear Journey tee shirts with an ironic sneer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home